March 31, 2015
I have to be completely honest- I never imagined that I would be able to slice for 31 days straight (and comment on at least 3 slices each day as well).
Some of my major takeaways:
- It was more fun than I thought it would be
- It was as much work as I anticipated
- I still have lots of ideas written down for future slices (ha, that means I will slice in the future!)
- I only drafted on paper a few times- I thought I always would because I am not a great typist
- I loved doing this challenge with my students- sometimes we even tried the same ideas in our slices
- Comments can help keep you going
- There are so many ways to slice
- I am a better teacher of writing because of this
- I would recommend this to all (teachers especially)
- I need to branch out into more genres/forms of writing
- I got so many great ideas from this community (not just for writing)
- I want to keep slicing throughout the year
- I am going to be a little “lost” tomorrow- look for me on Twitter @Victortweets
- I want to thank everyone who is part of the slicing community- thanks for writing, thanks for reading, thanks for commenting. Thanks especially to the wonderful organizers and veterans who started it all.
- See you next Tuesday???