10 Things About Me (in no particular order)*
- I am a book lover- I love the smell of books, the feel of books, books via Kindle, talking about books, buying books, sharing books, middle grade books, YA books, picture books, book club books, BOOKS! I have a huge class library, but except for professional books I do not hold on to my “grown up” books.
- I am a mom- my sons are 22 and 24 and I miss them every day, as they are in Boston and Bentonville (AR) and I am in Kuala Lumpur. I am so proud of the young men that they are!
- I am a hermit (or so I say so often)- I am quite happy to spend lots of time at home alone (except when I am not happy to). I am pretty boring.
- I love to travel! I have lived in 8 countries and traveled to many more. I look forward to new places, but love to come “home” too. Back to Thailand next week- a few days in Chiang Mai and then Bangkok.
- I am a cat person- Pele is next to me right now. She is 13 years old and had a brother, Berlin who died last summer.
- I LOVE teaching- it is the only thing I ever really wanted to do and I do not know what else I would love as much.I have the best class!
- I love learning- I am always trying to learn more and I am a tech lover too. My best PD lately is via Twitter. I have break next week and two days will be spent on PD.
- I love purple- all shades, but especially “royal purple”. Purple cheers me up. Chocolate does too.
- I am lazy and know I should exercise more. I miss all the walking I did in Berlin!
- I never watch TV, but have lots of other things I do that are “time wasters”.
- inspired by many of my third graders who have recently sliced similar lists