Today Was Very
We have two days for parent conferences this week. Today I had 13 of my 17 students scheduled (one cancelled last night while I was sleeping, so only 12 in the end). As a result, my writing will be brief!
Today was very:
- Inspiring- I love to hear students sharing their progress with their parents
- Busy- everybody had lots to say
- Informative- I heard about plans for moves, next schools, requests for next year, and more
- Insightful- I love to watch the interactions when students are with their parents
- Interesting- I am always learning more about my students
- Humbling- watching so many students switch back and forth between their languages always reminds me of how much juggling they do
- Helpful- I could see which parents wanted more support
- Rewarding- they have come so far!
- Sad- it brought home that my time with this group is short- I love these kids
- Exhausting- it was a long day!