March 28, 2015
Spring Break Plans
Today was the first day of Spring Break and I have almost no plans. I think I am okay with this, but I hope it stays true.
Here are my plans:
- Read, read, read (#bookaday is my plan)
- Go to two concerts (Tuesday and Friday night, both at the Malaysian Philharmonic. The first is the MPO with the YouthMPO playing together in a chamber concert- tickets were only about $15. The second is advertised as “Mardi Gras in New Orleans” and I love jazz.
- Do a tiny bit of school work (nerd alert- I spent some time this morning sketching out our nonfiction research/writing unit and checking which books to use for mini-lessons. I will plan the reading lessons and mark two small assignments).
- Book my summer flights-really must do this! Due to Malaysian tax laws I am here until July 2, but then I will head to the US for 3 weeks. I plan to attend nErDCampMI and the IRA Conference, so I can meet up with other book nerds and meet authors. I will be able to see most of my immediate family in Boston and a few friends too.
- Get the air conditioning serviced in my apartment and those of a few of my friends’ too, as he is coming here (the only obligation of break).
- Catch up on some podcasts I like to listen to.
- Try out a few places to wander in KL.
- Visit a few book stores (already was at one earlier today).
- I should go to Ikea and get a few things- not sure if this will happen.
- Get a massage or two.
- I really should use the pool and gym here- have not been in either since moving here.
- With any extra time read, read, read. I have quite a stack of books I want to read (physical and Kindle).
- I think it sounds relaxing- just hope it is not toooo quiet.